Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Where has the time gone?

I can hardly believe that Megan is turning 13. It really does seem like yesterday, that I went into pre-term labor at 23 weeks. Thanks to several medications & complete bedrest in the hospital - my labor was pro-longed one week. Megan was born at 24 weeks on March 22, 1996 at 10:13 PM. She weighed in at 2lbs. & 1/2 oz. & was 13 3/4 inches long.

In one of the pictures in my slideshow- you can see my wedding ring around her arm. She went down to 1 lb & 8 oz - it took one month for her to get back to her birthweight. Thankfully, she steadily started gaining weight and after 11 1/2 weeks, she weighed in at 4lbs & 14oz and was finally able to come home June 11th.

Doug Swanson nicknamed her "MB" for Miracle Baby. We know that she was a miracle from God and trusted Him for her growth, strength & health. Still today, we trust Him to keep her pure, strong, & faithful to Him. We look forward to see what God has in store for her!

Meg, We love you and hope you have a very 13th Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

Was it really only 24 weeks? WOW! I did not know that. I only remembered how tiny she was and how we all prayed for her. Happy birthday to Megan - proof of God's grace in her very existence! So happy for you...and her!