Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy 7th Birthday, Jake!

Today, my "baby" turned 7! Jacob wanted me to make a lemon tiered cake and use our china dishes. So that's what we did!!! For months now, all that he has asked for is $$$ - so money is what he got. Although, I wanted to buy gifts so he'd have something to open. The other day, the kids & I went to get a bite to eat and a lady we met(her husband looked like Roy Clark-you know from Hee Haw(?)-so Caleb wanted me to see if it was really Roy Clark - it wasn't) ANYWAY - she mentioned a money tree and a light went off. Since Rick is in Alabama, Caleb helped me cut down a branch from our lilac bush, cut the leaves off, rolled up money, wrapped them in ribbon and hung them from the tree. It turned out quite nice and Jake loved it! We were going to go to Pizza Ranch for a late lunch/early supper, but they closed at 2:00 and we weren't able to go so Jake chose Aunt Mary's. The boys LOVE their brick oven pizzas. After, Meg & Caleb's showcase/program tonight, we came home for cake with Grandpa & Grandma, & Grandma Muggs. Happy birthday, Jaker!

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

Happy birthday, Jake! Wow, I remember way back when we thought he was going to be a girl - glad he's the wonderful boy we have today.