Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

MOTHER'S DAY 2009!


Last year, Rick and the kids planted this flowering pear tree - I told them that I would take their picture by the tree each Mother's Day so I could track the growth of the tree and the kids.
Planting day 'O8

One year later - I think they all have grown!!!


I got roses from Jake - aren't they beautiful!



Jake worked hard on this card - all by himself. Very creative!




Caleb had Rick drill holes (so it could drain) in this tea cup - so he could plant flowers for me to keep inside. This was a cup & saucer from my very special Aunt Virginia who passed away a few years ago. This was all his idea! Very sweet!





Lilacs - I love 'em! We have two bushes on the back side of our house - so Jake helped me pick some for us and for my mom. We were able to have my mom & Bruce over for lunch - they brought steaks and Rick grilled them. I made seasoned baked potatoes, green beans, Italian bread and heavenly lemon angel cake (a pampered chef recipe-that we just love).


Our neighbor, Barbara asked Meg what she did for me for Mother's Day - and Meg said "nothing" so Barbara sent her home with "homework" to do something for me - so Meg heeded her command (although Rick had already told her the same thing) and she created a really neat e-card me.


Rick helped me plant & transplant some flowers on Mother's Day - that was the only thing I asked for - was to get some flowers and strawberries planted. I still have more to do but the majority is done!


Rick left this morning for Alabama - he'll be gone for almost 2 weeks. He had been a little pre-occupied about this trip - trying to get several different things done before he had to leave (@4:30 this morning). He'll be working at a NASA building - helping them prepare to install a machine from Ingersol. Pray for him and for us! : ) He'll be gone for Jacob's birthday and Megan and Caleb's CYT last class showcase/performance.






3 comments:

tacky said...

Don't you just love plants and flowers!!! What a fun-smelling Mother's Day you had! I am glad your daughter heeded Barb's advice...the follow up could have been a little uncomfortable for her!
Hope you are doing well! If you are lonely while your hubby is gone...call...we can share a glass of tea or two! K

Ann-Marie said...

I'll be thinking of you while Rick's gone! So glad you had a nice Mother's Day - with all the flowers!!! It was so nice to visit with you the other day!

Juliet said...

What a nice idea to have the kids stand next the that flowering pear tree every year. I will certainly look forward to a new photo each year on Mother's Day.

Glad that Rick will be coming home this Friday.