Thursday, September 4, 2008

JURY DUTY

Well, my time has come! I reported to Jury Duty on Tuesday, Sept. 2nd. And of course, I was immediately selected for a civil trial that was expected to last the entire week. : ) My first thought was that I homeschool and where are the kids gonna be all week. My poor mom has not been feeling well (dear old arthritis) but I didn't know what else to do. I really appreciate my folks for keeping our kids. We had delayed our starting school 'til I knew if I was selected or not. The kids were glad to have me serve - they could be at Grandpa & Grandma's and postpone school until next week. : ) Yippeee for them!!! Thankfully, we finished a day early - so I'll have a "long" weekend before school starts. I met a lot of neat people and truly enjoyed my service as a juror.

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

I hope you enjoy the long weekend! I'll bet your kids had fun at Grandma Louise's!