Saturday, September 20, 2008

Our First Week of School






Phew! We did it! We completed our first week! I am teaching all 3 this year - unlike last year Megan (7th grade) did all of her schooling from a BJU hard drive. Although, for math this year she is using a Saxon Math CD - a teacher introduces/teaches each days lesson, Meg does the work & I check it all and am here if she needs help. She loves English. Caleb (3rd grade) hasn't complained once this week - : ). He really loves learning cursive writing- we tried cursive last year & he just couldn't get the "feel of it". As you can see, Megan complimented him - so he must have done well. He's also learning multiplication! Jacob (1st grade) is really good with numbers. Last year, he made it through 1/2 of the 1st grade Arithmetic book. So he's looking forward to finishing that up & getting into the 2nd grade book. He'll be polishing his reading skills, too. And me - you know where I'll be. : )

3 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Wow, Tammy! You are really using your teaching degree to its fullest - way to go! I know the kids will appreciate the hands-on education they are getting. I can't believe how grown-up Megan looks in the photo. Time's going too fast!

a joyful nusiance said...

I'm glad the first week went great for you!!

Juliet said...

Sounds like the kids are off to a good start.

My hat is off to you and other moms who home school. It's a lot of work. Keep it up!

Oh, and what are you doing while they are hard at work? HA