Thursday, September 4, 2008

Prayer . . . and the Lord's leading

I truly am thankful for the Lord's leading in our lives. This past month, has been a month of many decisions. I am grateful for prayer and guidance in planning for a new school year (which curriculum to buy,etc.), direction in finding a new dentist for Jacob, wisdom in a job offer that I was given, and in so many other small areas of life.

Pray for Jacob! I have posted before that Jake has really bad teeth. A year and half ago - Jake had about $3000 worth of work done - 3 silver caps, a few root canals, fillings, etc. YIKES! Poor baby! We didn't have a good experience with the dentist at all. So we never returned. Well, recently Jacob has felt a cavity - so I knew I had to get him in somewhere else. Almost two weeks ago, we were finally able to get him into Dr. Johnson - a really good children's dentist. In my mind, I thought Jake will get his tooth fillled and that'll be all. NOT! He has to have 4 teeth extracted by a oral surgeon, have a root canal, another silver cap, spacers made for the teeth that will be extracted and 2 fillings on the front of 2 teeth. Eeeks! Poor Guy!!! After the extraction, he will have 7 holes in his mouth - because he has lost 3 teeth as well. Thankfully, this time we have insurance that covers a good amount of the cost. Oh, yeah - one of the teeth that will be pulled is one of his silver caps - that's money down the drain. Last year, I even asked if there was anyway we could pull a few of these teeth and the other dentist said, Oh, No they need to be there so the permanent teeth will have room. Someone needs to tell him about spacers.

***Remember, to pray Jake on Tuesday (9/9) at 9:00 AM - and that he will recover quickly.

3 comments:

Juliet said...

We will remeber Jacob on the 9th. It's not fun to have so much wrong with ones teeth. And at such a young age. Trust Dr. Johnson is a better dentist.

Pray for you as you "catch up" with their schooling.

Ann-Marie said...

Wow! That sounds like a dental nightmare. Poor, brave little kid. I'm glad to hear about the insurance absorbing some of the cost - it IS so $$$! I'll be thinking of you guys on the 9th. Tell Jacob to hang in there - he'll have a killer smile before he knows it!

Colleen said...

Poor Jacob. That sounds just like me when I was his age. I just had jury duty about three months ago and was selected to serve, but mine just lasted two days.