Saturday, March 27, 2010

Have you ever wondered . ? . ? . ? .

Have you ever wondered who you really are? Who you really look like? Why you act the way you act. Well, for a while now (42 years), I have been asking myself these questions. Yes, I knew that I was a ReHfElDt but I never knew my biological father. So for many years, this left me with unanswered questions. I have always been content with decisions that were made in my past, never really wanting to know anything about what really happened. I never had hurt feelings or held grudges - I had lived a happy life. But in recent months, I believe the Lord was preparing my heart. I have had so many more questions, desires to see who I look like, know family history, etc. Don't get me wrong, I am VERY thankful for the life I have lived, the ups and the downs, the people who influenced me - everything has happened for a purpose and I know that. BUT there's always been one little (well maybe not so little) piece missing to my puzzle. About 6 weeks ago, I received a phone call from my biological father - wow! What a surprise. Now I am finding out some of those answers to my questions. Since, we have been talking often and have been planning on meeting - pieces of my puzzle have been fitting in quite well. So this week, while we were in Chicago I got a long awaited call. Since my bio dad lives in Chicago he wanted to meet us at our hotel. I was so excited! I have waited for this for a LONG time. We did meet and had a great time catching up and getting to know one another. I look forward to what lies ahead!

3 comments:

The Beard Bunch said...

Tammy, That is awesome for you. Remember, God has a plan and timing for this as well. I love the picture at the top of your blog. I do want to add, thank God for that Rehfeldt part of you :)

a joyful nusiance said...

I am so happy that you were able to meet your biological Dad. What an unexpected "treat."

I hope that getting to know him better will help answer some of your questions!!

Ann with an E said...

Truly amazing Tammy!!:) And I think Caleb looks alot like the young guy in the picture. :)