Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy 200th Birthday, President Lincoln!







We have been studying the Presidents this semester. So today, we skipped down the line to Abe Lincoln. What a great President he was. My boys have always had an interest in Lincoln. So in '07, when we went to Springfield, IL - we visited his REALLY NEAT museum. It was a very moving experience and a great history lesson for us all. I would encourage everyone to visit there sometime. Well anyway ~ the boys wanted to dress up for our lesson today, but then Caleb chickened out - which is unusual. He loves to dress old fahioned. We also signed up to watch a webcast about Lincoln through the History Channel and at the last minute it wouldn't allow us to view it. : (

2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Oh, I really want to visit that Lincoln museum! I've heard it is really a wonderful experience. I love Jake's costume!

Juliet said...

What a great history fun the kids had. I love Jacob in his outfit.

And yes, Ann-Marie and I have talked about going to Sprinfield and seeing the new museum. So far, just talk.