Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine Traditions 2

Well normally, we make gingerbread houses at Christmas time BUT this year we didn't have enough time. So I surprised the boys with Valentine candies & clearance priced houses ($1.00 - my mom found them in Monroe at Swiss Colony). Usually, we use graham crackers & cream of tartar frosting - so this time it was fun using the REAL thing!

Later in the day, my mom called and asked if Meg made a house and Caleb replied, "Grandma, Megan doesn't get into stuff like that". And it's true! : ( When she was younger - she would but now she has NO interest at all. Sometimes, I "threaten" her that her kids better get the opportunity to do this fun stuff- and she says "Oh, mom, they will"!

So that is why there aren't any pictures of Megan! Although I do make her "help" or participate sometimes. Today, she practiced the piano while we created masterpieces.

3 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Mmmmm...the houses look delicious! If anyone can find a deal on anything, it's your mom! At least, the boys were able to "work" to Megan's lovely piano playing!

Juliet said...

Thank the Lord for Grandmas! And I know that you have a GREAT one! Yes, I'm real prejudiced!

And why not start a new tradition...Valentine Gingerbread House.

Great photos and loveed looking at how it all turned out. Did they end of eating any of it?

a joyful nusiance said...

Don't worry about Megan, she will remember these days and she will want to do them with her kids. I think she's just at the age where she is to cool for you! Just about the time Maddie is entering that stage, Megan will be getting out of it!!

Btw, you can steal my love chain anyday, I stole your sugar cookie idea!! =)