Monday, February 9, 2009

Valentine Traditions

Valentine's Day is one of my most favorite holidays! Every year, we make Gramma Rehfeldt's sugar cookies (although Gramma calls them butter cookies). Gramma always made a triple recipe - so that's what I always make. Gramma likes her baked "well done" and no frosting and we like ours soft with frosting. This is just one our Valentine traditions.

Gramma's Recipe ~
2/3 cup margarine
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
4 tsp. milk
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
Mix & chill for 1 hour ~ Bake @ 350 on an ungreased cookie sheet

4 comments:

a joyful nusiance said...

I to love Valentines day! I hope you have a great 1!!

Ann-Marie said...

Mmmm...I remember those cookies. What a great tradition to pass on!

CANDICE said...

I have the same background!! Oops! Lol. I'll have to right that recipe down! I'm all for the frosting too! You should right a frosting recipe too!

Tamrik said...

Candice, I use store bought (Betty Crocker or Pillsbury) frosting - unlike Gramma. It's alot easier to work with and I think it taste great!